Holidays in Mairdorf – St Andrä ♥
The Alpine Lodge St Andrä apartment is located on the northern edge of Mairdorf, a small hamlet in St Andrä at Ploseberg, 900 metres above sea level. The house, which contains two other apartments besides the Alpine Lodge St. Andrä, is surrounded by a forest, perched above the meadows of Mairdorf. Views from the house wander over the expanse of the Eisack Valley up to the Rittner Horn at the southern horizon. From the nearby “Guggenbichl” (meaning panoramic hill), one can see the old town of Brixen “from above”.
The Alpine Lodge St Andrä has a central position within the scenic, mountainous Tyrolean region, which can be evidenced by the views of the Zillertal Alps (including the Pfunderer mountains), the Wilde Kreuzspitze (which you will feel close enough to touch), the Weißzint and Hochfeiler (with its eternal glaciers in the north), as well as the beauty of the Sarntaler Alps (with the Schalderer mountains to the west).
- Tourist association – Bressanone
- Ski area Plose
- Ski area Kronplatz / Plan de Corones
- Ski area Gitschberg-Jochtal
- Dolomites – World Heritage
Impressions of South Tyrol:
… close by:
- Ski area Plose
- Just 2km away is the Ploseseilbahn terminal, a starting point for the Plose ski area. In addition to the numerous slopes on sunny Ploseberg, the mountain provides the longest toboggan run in South Tyrol, offering fun for young and old. The enchanting landscape of the meadows on the Plose can be explored by individual or guided snowshoe hikes. Numerous mountain huts offer a welcoming break en route.
- Kronplatz / Gitschberg-Jochtal
- The well-known ski resorts Kronplatz and Gitschberg-Jochtal are easily accessible from the Alpine Lodge St Andrä. A day trip to the Gardena valley can include a ski around Mt Sella in the heart of the Dolomites – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- All year round, the Dolomites allow adventurous excursions, such as mountain hiking, climbing and paragliding. Of the many famous peaks in this legendary mountain range, the summits of the Aferer and Villnösser mountains, as well as the Peitlerkofl, are closest to the Alpine Lodge St. Andrä.
- Brixen / Bressanone
- Only 8km away, the old bishop’s town of Brixen in the Eisack valley offers numerous sacred sights. The old town, with its intimate boutiques, caters for a high quality shopping experience. Mediterranean flair is evident in the numerous bars and wine shops. A weekly farmers’ market allows local produce to thrive. The annual Christmas Market on Cathedral Square attracts many visitors from near and far.